Oklahoma Style Brisket Sandwiches1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Oklahoma Style Brisket Sandwiches
- 1Place brisket in a dutch oven.
- 2Add onion, bay leaves, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and water to cover (about 6 cups).
- 3Bring to boiling.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 3 1/2 hours or until tender.
- 5Drain, discarding cooking liquid.
- 6Place brisket and onion in a 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- 7For suace, stir together catsup, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, coffee granules and 2 tablespoons water.
- 8Spoon over brisket.
- 9Bake, uncovered, in a 350 oven for 15 minutes.
- 10Thinly slice across the grain.
- 11Serve on buns or rolls.
- 12Place remaining sauce in a gravy boat for people to help themselves!