Oklahoma Style Brisket Sandwiches1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Oklahoma Style Brisket Sandwiches
- Place brisket in a dutch oven.
- Add onion, bay leaves, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and water to cover (about 6 cups).
- Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 3 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Drain, discarding cooking liquid.
- Place brisket and onion in a 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- For suace, stir together catsup, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, coffee granules and 2 tablespoons water.
- Spoon over brisket.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 oven for 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice across the grain.
- Serve on buns or rolls.
- Place remaining sauce in a gravy boat for people to help themselves!