Not So Classic Burger
Note: Clearly you can take liberties with the spicy ingredients if you have do not enjoy the heat.
- 2 c
- cole slay, (store bought is fine)
- 6 Tbsp
- pickled jalapeno, chopped fine
- 1/4 c
- sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef, 80/20
- 4 Tbsp
- softened butter
- onion rolls, split
- 1 small
- red onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, freshly ground
- sliced pepper jack cheese
- chili flavored potato chips, kettle style
How to Make Not So Classic Burger
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the slaw and jalapenos.
- 2in a small bowl combine the sun-dried tomatoes, chipotle chile and adobo sauce
- 3Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper. Shape into 4 patties.
- 5Place a relatively deep thumb print in each patty to keep from shrinking. Cook to desired doneness and add pepper jack sliced until slightly melted.
- 6Once patties are done and while resting, spread butter on the roles and grill until toasted.
- 7Spread tomatoe-chipotle mixture on tops and bottom of the rolls.
- 8On each roll bottom, add red onion, potato chips, burger patty, cole slaw and add the roll top.