Not So Classic Burger
Note: Clearly you can take liberties with the spicy ingredients if you have do not enjoy the heat.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 ccole slaw, (store bought is fine)
6 Tbsppickled jalapeno, chopped fine
1/4 csun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped
2 Tbspadobo sauce
1 1/2 lbground beef, 80/20
4 Tbspsoftened butter
4onion rolls, split
1 smallred onion, thinly sliced
·salt and pepper, freshly ground
·sliced pepper jack cheese
·chili flavored potato chips, kettle style
How to Make Not So Classic Burger
- In a medium bowl, combine the slaw and jalapenos.
- in a small bowl combine the sun-dried tomatoes, chipotle chile and adobo sauce
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper. Shape into 4 patties.
- Place a relatively deep thumb print in each patty to keep from shrinking. Cook to desired doneness and add pepper jack sliced until slightly melted.
- Once patties are done and while resting, spread butter on the roles and grill until toasted.
- Spread tomatoe-chipotle mixture on tops and bottom of the rolls.
- On each roll bottom, add red onion, potato chips, burger patty, cole slaw and add the roll top.