Not My Mother's American Chop Suey
How to Make Not My Mother's American Chop Suey
- 1In a large saute pan brown hamburger and drain off fat if necessary. And in minced garlic and saute for several min (1st little refinement)
- 2Add Stewed tomatos, please use STEWED NOT canned Whole. Stewed have onion and pepper added for much more flavor! Give them a little chop in the pan to cut them in half
- 3Add bean sprouts salt and pepper and simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes (the simmer of this is the other refinement. simple but makes a big difference in flavor)
- 4While tomato mix is simmering bring pasta water to a boil cook to directions on box drain and add in simmered tomato mixture to drained pasta.
- 5To make it like mom's my family has to have a slice of bread spread with mayo to go with it. Odd....but works.