North African Peas & Meat
- 1 large
- bag of frozen peas
- 1 can(s)
- tomato paste
- 1/2-1 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 1 1/2
- onion, chopped
- 1 lb
- beef or lamb, cut into small cubes/chunks
- potatoes cut into small chunks
- 1 tsp
- smoked paprika (approx)
- 1 Tbsp
- ras el hanout spice mix (approx)
- 2 l
- salt & pepper to taste
- harissa (hot sauce) optional, to taste
How to Make North African Peas & Meat
- 1Brown meat in oil, add in salt & pepper, and onions. Add garlic at the end.
stir in tomato paste, stir it in for a minute or so, then add the other spices & potato.
- 2put 1 1/2 liters of water in, cover and cook on med/high heat until potatoes are almost cooked. Add in frozen peas, and about 1/2 a liter of water bring back to a boil for about 10 minutes or so (until it gets thick again).
- 3Serve with boiled egg (optional) and bread