Norma's One Dish Biscuit Beef Pie
- 2 1/4 c
- packaged biscuit mix
- 1/2 c
- cold water
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 8-ounce carton sour cream
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack
- 2/3 c
- half of a small onion, chopped
- 2 medium
- thinly sliced tomatos or your favorite salsa
- 1 medium
- green sweet pepper, chopped or jalapeno pepper to taste
- pimiento-stuffed green olives, halved (optional)
How to Make Norma's One Dish Biscuit Beef Pie
- 1Preheat your oven to 375 and grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish and set aside.
- 2For the crust,in a medium bowl,combine biscuit mix and cold water,stirring with a fork until biscuit mix is moistened and a soft dough has formed.
- 3Press dough mixture onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of the prepared baking dish.
- 4Place in oven and bake uncovered for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.Remove from oven and set aside.
- 5In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until brown and drain off the fat and remove pan from stove and set aside.
- 6In a medium bowl,combine sour cream, cheese,mayonnaise and onions.
- 7Sprinkle cooked meat over baked crust and layer tomatoes over meat and sprinkle with sweet pepper and spread sour cream mixture over ingredients in dish.
- 8Return to oven uncovered and bake another 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
- 9Remove from oven and top with sliced olives if desired.