Norma's One Dish Biscuit Beef Pie
2 1/4 cpackaged biscuit mix
1/2 ccold water
1 lblean ground beef
18-ounce carton sour cream
1 cshredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack
1half of a small onion, chopped
2 mediumthinly sliced tomatos or your favorite salsa
1 mediumgreen sweet pepper, chopped or jalapeno pepper to taste
·pimiento-stuffed green olives, halved (optional)
How to Make Norma's One Dish Biscuit Beef Pie
- Preheat your oven to 375 and grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish and set aside.
- For the crust,in a medium bowl,combine biscuit mix and cold water,stirring with a fork until biscuit mix is moistened and a soft dough has formed.
- Press dough mixture onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of the prepared baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake uncovered for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until brown and drain off the fat and remove pan from stove and set aside.
- In a medium bowl,combine sour cream, cheese,mayonnaise and onions.
- Sprinkle cooked meat over baked crust and layer tomatoes over meat and sprinkle with sweet pepper and spread sour cream mixture over ingredients in dish.
- Return to oven uncovered and bake another 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
- Remove from oven and top with sliced olives if desired.