- tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp
- taco seasoning (we use spicy, but your choice)
- 1 c
- coarsely crushed torilla chips, divided
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1 c
- shredded mexican/texmex cheese blend (or cheddar)
- 8 oz
- can of plain tomato sauce
How to Make Nacho Pie
- 1In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced and meat is just "moist"
- 2Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a greased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal perforations.
- 3Sprinkle 1/2 cup chips over crust. Top with meat mixture. Carefully spread sour cream over meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining chips.
- 4Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
I usually put a cookie sheet under the pie plate when baking as the filling sometimes bubbles over a bit.