My Marvelous Meatloaf
I hope you like this recipe and I really hope I don't leave anything out...I do this from my head every time I make it, so it's a lil different everytime too lol Bare with me...
5 slicebread, crusts removed
1 Tbspolive oil
8 ozsliced mushrooms
1 largeonion, chopped
·salt and pepper
2-3 clovegarlic, smashed and minced
1 lbground pork
3eggs, slightly beaten
2-3 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1/2 cparmesan cheese
1/2 tspfresh ground black pepper
1 1/2 tspsalt
1/4 cbrown sugar
How to Make My Marvelous Meatloaf
- In a small bowl, pour milk over bread and set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in a skillet, heat to to a med high and add mushrooms and onions, season with salt and pepper, saute until caramelized 5-8 minutes, stir in garlic. Set aside to cool. I pour out onto a dinner plate and spread around so it cools faster.
- Squeeze milk from bread and crumble into a large bowl, disgard milk. Add meats, mushroom mixture, worcetershire sauce, eggs, cheese, 1 1/2t salt and 1/2t pepper and mix well. Divide mixture among 2 large loaf pans. Bake at 375 for 45 min.
- Mix together brown sugar and ketchup divide and spread over top each loaf, I like to drain fat off loafs before adding ketchup topping. But not needed. Then put back in oven another 15-20 min. Remove from oven...let rest 10 min. then remove from pan onto a platter, I use 2 flipper type spatulas, one on each end to lift out of the pans.
- I've also done many little things to this meatloaf:
~add cooked wild rice and crasins
~add crumbled blue cheese
~topped with cocktail sauce instead of the ketchup mixture...(cocktail sauce is mainly ketchup and horseradish)
~added thyme and shredded swiss
~added smoked paprika
~added spinach and artichoke
~I have even shaped the meat mixture into 8 lil loaves, place in a 9x13 pan, and poured a large jar of sauerkraut over top then baked it...toward the end sprinkle with shredded swiss and bake until golden...
~added a small can of italian tomato paste to mixture