My Favorite Brisket
How to Make My Favorite Brisket
- Preheat oven to 350'
- Feel free to lightly salt & pepper meat if you wish (not part of original recipe).
- Mix together (in baking or roasting pan)- chili sauce, sugar & vinigar.
- Place brisket in pan, turning to coat each side. Make sure top is well coated with sauce.
- Slice onion into thinly sliced rings & lay on top of brisket.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake about an hour per pound. (approx 3 1/2 hours)
Fork should go in easily when done.
- Remove foil and bake additional 20 min's to brown.
- *COOL TO ROOM TEMPERATURE BEFORE SLICING*
- Slice with electric knife (AGAINST THE GRAIN). This is very important. It is best to use an electric knife to cut into very thin slices ... thinner than the picture shows.
- If freezing leftover's ... remove sauce and freeze each separately.
Great served with mashed or roasted potatoes, garlic glazed carrots and a crisp green salad.