My Corned Beef and Cabbage
3-4 lbcorned beef flat cut
6 largepotatoes peeled and cut in half crosswise
1 largecabbage cut in small wedges
2 largeonions cut in wedges
5-6 mediumcarrots peeled and cut to 2 inch pieces
1 1/2 tspteaspoons paprika
1 1/2 tsptablespoons garlic powder
1 dash(es)of ground black pepper to taste
How to Make My Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Remove corned beef from package and rinse under cold water.
- Place it in a large enough pot and cover it completely with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about one hour
- Poke the corned beef on both side with a fork add paprika and garlic powder and simmer for about 1 1/2 hour.
- Add potatoes, onions and carrots, simmer for 20 minutes then add the cabbage and simmer until all vegetables are tender.