Mushroom Swiss Burgers w/ Bacon
Now when I make homemade hamburgers plain you'd think the world was ending!
Hope you enjoy as much as we do!
- 2 lb
- lean ground beef or lean ground chuck
- button mushrooms, chopped very fine
- 3 slice
- thick bacon
- button mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/4 c
- swiss cheese, shredded or diced fine
- 1 Tbsp
- dehydrated onion pieces / onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- slices swiss cheese (for topping)
- hamburger buns or other rolls big enough for hamburgers
- your favorite burger toppings (optional)
Break the hamburger off in small pieces and drop it into the bowl, it makes it easier to mix with the other ingredients.
Using your hands, mix the hamburger mixture until it is evenly blended with the mushrooms and bacon, like you would if you were making a meatloaf.
If desired, top with your favorite hamburger toppers. We actually prefer these as they are coming off the grill.