Mushroom Swiss Burgers w/ Bacon
Now when I make homemade hamburgers plain you'd think the world was ending!
Hope you enjoy as much as we do!
- 2 lb
- lean ground beef or lean ground chuck
- button mushrooms, chopped very fine
- 3 slice
- thick bacon
- button mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/4 c
- swiss cheese, shredded or diced fine
- 1 Tbsp
- dehydrated onion pieces / onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- slices swiss cheese (for topping)
- hamburger buns or other rolls big enough for hamburgers
- your favorite burger toppings (optional)
How to Make Mushroom Swiss Burgers w/ Bacon
- 1Chop the bacon into fine pieces and cook until it is about 1/2 to 3/4 done, drain and set aside on a paper towel to blot and absorb grease.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, stir together diced mushrooms, onion flakes, garlic, salt and pepper, diced cheese and bacon pieces.
Break the hamburger off in small pieces and drop it into the bowl, it makes it easier to mix with the other ingredients.
Using your hands, mix the hamburger mixture until it is evenly blended with the mushrooms and bacon, like you would if you were making a meatloaf.
- 3Shape hamburger into patties and place on hot grill or pan. Cook thoroughly, or until your preferred level of "done."
- 4While the hamburgers are cooking, in a skillet or fry pan, place a small amount of butter/margarine, the sliced mushrooms and a dash of salt. Cook until they are soft and will top easily on the hamburgers.
- 5While the hamburgers are still on the heat, top first with mushrooms, then a slice of Swiss cheese. When the cheese is well melted, remove from grill/heat and place on hamburger buns.
If desired, top with your favorite hamburger toppers. We actually prefer these as they are coming off the grill.