By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- lean beef steaks
- 1 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 1 small
- 180 g
- sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 c
- beef stock
- 2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped parsley
How to Make Mushroom Steak
- 1Heat a heavy based pan on high.
- 2Brush oil onto both sides of steak.
- 3To seal, cook steak 2-3 minutes each side.
- 4Turn when juices appear on uncooked side note: Steak thickness determines cooking time.
- 5As a gudie: Rare remove after sealing; reduce heat for medium and cook and extra 2-3 minutes each side; Well done, 4-6 minutes each side.
- 6Test steak by pressing with tongs.
- 7Rare feels string.
- 8Medium has some resistance.
- 9Well done feels quite firm.
- 10Remove from heat, rest while making sauce.
- 11Add onion and mushrooms to any pan juices.
- 12Cook 1 minute.
- 13Add worcestershire sauce and stock.
- 14Bring to boil, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- 15Add parsley and any juices from rested steak.
- 16Serve with steamed vegetables and mash potatoes.