By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4lean beef steaks
1 Tbspcanola oil
180 gsliced mushrooms
1/2 cbeef stock
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
2 Tbspchopped parsley
How to Make Mushroom Steak
- Heat a heavy based pan on high.
- Brush oil onto both sides of steak.
- To seal, cook steak 2-3 minutes each side.
- Turn when juices appear on uncooked side note: Steak thickness determines cooking time.
- As a gudie: Rare remove after sealing; reduce heat for medium and cook and extra 2-3 minutes each side; Well done, 4-6 minutes each side.
- Test steak by pressing with tongs.
- Rare feels string.
- Medium has some resistance.
- Well done feels quite firm.
- Remove from heat, rest while making sauce.
- Add onion and mushrooms to any pan juices.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add worcestershire sauce and stock.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- Add parsley and any juices from rested steak.
- Serve with steamed vegetables and mash potatoes.