Mom's yummy Meatloaf
How to Make Mom's yummy Meatloaf
- 1Preheat oven to 425. place ground chuck into large mixing bowl
- 2finely chop onion and celery and add to beef along with egg and crackers that have been crushed. add to this the can of tomato paste
- 3add salt and pepper and mix well,I use my hands it mixes easier and more thoroughly.
- 4place in a foil lined 9x13 pan and spread evenly. cover with foil
- 5test the middle of the loaf after about 35 mins of cooking for doneness of your veggies as cooking time varies depending on the size of the chop. once they are close to or are well cooked, pour off most or all of the fat and top with tomato sauce. Leave cover off and let it cook 10-15 more minutes. I leave a little of the fat in the pan as it adds to the flavor and keeps it from drying out, you can also wait until fully cooked to reduce the fat in the pan if you'd prefer.