Mom's Spanish Rice with Ground Beef
Angela (Grammy) Derby
- 1 lb.
- ground beef
- 1 c
- onion, chopped
- 1/4 c
- green bell pepper
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 (15oz.) can(s)
- tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c
- long grain white rice
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Mom's Spanish Rice with Ground Beef
- 1In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain.
- 2Stir in the onion, green pepper and garlic. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender.
- 3Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Let simmer 15-20 minutes on low.
- 4Bring rice, water and salt to a boil; cover and lower heat, let cook 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 5Scoop rice into bowls and cover with the sauce mixture.
(I like serving it this way instead of mixing it altogether, because some family members like more sauce than others. But, you can mix it together in the pan before serving.)