Mom's Mexican Cheese Burgers!!!!
My family and friends love these things! My grandmother made them and name them mexican cheese burgers and the name stuck. Now my mom and I make them. I plan on Adding them to my menu when i open a restaurant!
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 2 can(s)
- refried beans
- taco cheese is preferred but if you find something you like more feel free to uses that( as much is needed)
- 1 can(s)
- small can of dices green chilis
- tortillas, flour( as many as you need)
- oil for frying
- lettuce, shredded
- sour cream
- salsa( as hot as you like it)
- more refried bean mixture
How to Make Mom's Mexican Cheese Burgers!!!!
- 1Start by browning your meat. If you want to add taco seasoning (my mom never really did).
- 2While your meat is browning in a large pot put in your refried beans and chilies on a med high temp.( you want it to move freely when stirred but not like soup).
- 3Drain your meat and then mix it in to the refried bean mixture. let this cook for maybe 5 min so that they can get to know one another. the take it off the heat so that it can thicken back up a bit.
- 4Warm up your tortillas and turn on your deep skillet to 300 degrees or put a deep frying pan on the stove on high(once it is heated up turn it down to med to med-high)
- 5Put oil in the pan or deep skillet. You can't put to much in there but you can put to little. I would say about half an inch or so. add more as needed.
- 6Spread the refried bean mixture on half of the tortilla and sprinkle some cheese on top. I would say a 2:1 ratio but about 1/4 cup bean mixture and 1/8 cup cheese. you will know when there is to much. try to leave a 1/4 inch border.
- 7Fold over and Fry for about 2 minutes on each side. I'm not totally sure about this cause i have never timed it. but you want it to be golden brown on each side.
- 8Danger these will be hot!!!! let drain/cool on some paper towels. Allow everyone to customize there Mexican cheese burger.
- 9please note that you can easily make these for a large crowd or just for a family of three. try to keep the ratio 3:1 for beans to Meat. You can also make these meat less or even with just cheese. just remember that they can be very addicting so proceed with caution
About Mom's Mexican Cheese Burgers!!!!
Show 1 Comment & Review