Mom's Meatloaf... the Sequel
- 1 medium
- onion, finely diced
- 2 medium
- bell peppers, finely diced - i use what ever color i have
- 3 medium
- tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 4 clove
- garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 c
- italian parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3 lb
- ground beef - i use 80/20
- 2 slice
- bread, diced
- milk, just enough to soak the bread
- 1 tsp
- eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
CHUNKY TOMATO - PEPPER SAUCE:
How to Make Mom's Meatloaf... the Sequel
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet add olive oil and onion cook on medium 3 minutes. Add Peppers and continue to cook until onions and peppers are tender. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 3Add ketchup, worcestershire sauce and stir until combined. Add parsley and tomatoes and stir those until combined. Taste and salt and pepper if desired.
- 4place bread in a shallow dish and gently pour milk in a little at a time until milk is absorbed. Set aside.
- 5In your mixer place ground beef 1 1/2 cups of the tomato pepper sauce, cumin and eggs. Add the soaked bread. Mix on low speed until well combined stopping and scraping the bowl often.
- 6This is a tip I learned on the Rachel Ray Show a long time ago - Get about a tablespoon of the meat mixture and microwave until done 20 seconds. Taste to see if additional salt and pepper is desired.
- 7After you are happy with the flavor place meat mixture in a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Top with 1/2 cup tomato pepper sauce. Then place bacon across the top.
- 8Bake for an hour to an hour and a half until done. Let sit for 5 to ten minutes. Serve with additional tomato pepper sauce.