One of the recipes was for her meatloaf. I still make this for my family and think of her everytime I do. I believe this makes one of the best savory meatloaves I've ever eaten. It make two loaves. I cook one and freeze the other to cook at a later date.
It makes great cold meatloaf sandwishes, that is, if there's anything left over!
- 4 lb
- lean grund beef - 90 percent lean
- 2 pkg
- dry onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 - 2 c
- salsa, chunky
- 4 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 - 2 can(s)
- 14 oz. can boiled potatoes - grated. may use leftover boiled potates (about 2-3 cups grated)
- 4-6 clove
- garlic - minced
- palmfuls water
How to Make Mom's Meatloaf
- 1In very large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, onion soup mix, salsa, eggs, worcestershire, grated potatoes, garlic & water. Mix well.
- 2Shape into two loaves. Place one on top of broiler pan so grease will drip off as the meatloaf cooks. Take the second loaf, wrap in plastic wrap and then in foil and freeze for cooking later.
- 3Cook in preheated 350 degree oven until meat thermometer measures 165 degrees - about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let 'rest' for 15 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.