Moms Crock Pot Swiss Steak
- 3-4 lb
- 1 inch thick or less round steak
- 1 medium
- celery stalk
- 14 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 1/2 c
- beef stock
- 5 Tbsp
- flour, plus 1 cup to dredge meat in
- 3 Tbsp
- canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- green pepper (optional)
How to Make Moms Crock Pot Swiss Steak
- 18 am. dice up the onion and celery, place in crock pot. Pour in can of tomatoes, including juice.
- 2whisk together beef broth and 5 tbs of flour. add to mixture in crock pot. add salt and pepper to taste, stir.
- 3trim any fat off steak and cut into app 3 ounce serving size pieces. salt and pepper, then dredge in flour and flash brown steaks in canola oil. They do not have to be cooked all the way done, we are just browning the outsides!
- 4add steak to crock pot, sinking the meat below the surface of the sauce. Put lid on pot, set to low and cook until 5 pm or so!! enjoy!