Mom's Chicken Fried Hamburger Patties
How to Make Mom's Chicken Fried Hamburger Patties
- Place the flour in a shallow dish
- whisk the egg and milk together in another shallow dish.
- Place the cracker crumbs in a shallow dish
- Make four patties out of the ground beef
- Place enough oil in either a nine or ten in skillet to be about an 1/8 to 1/4 inch deep and begin heating the oil on medium heat.
- Dredge the patties in first the flour be sure to coat both sides really well, then dip into the egg milk mixture coating both sides. ( this is the secret to getting your cracker or bread crumb coating to stick on any meats when you use the flour first then your egg mix it forms a type of glue that your cracker or bread crumb coatings stick to easier.) Last coat both sides well with the cracker crumbs. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When oil is hot place your patties in the pan and fry on each side 7 or 8 minutes until nicely golden brown and juices run clear.
- Mom always made homemade cream gravy, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob when in season along with her hot from the oven biscuts with butter and honey from our own hive. Oh my was this a wonderful meal.