Mommy's Classic Lasagne
1 lbground beef
1 lbground italian sausage
1 mediumonion finely chopped
1 largecan tomato sauce
1 can(s)tomato paste
4 clovegarlic finely chopped
1palmfull of italian seasoning (don't be shy)
1 pkglasagna noodles
1large carton of cottage cheese
1 pkgmozarella cheese (i buy the costco pack just in case)
1 pkgparmesan cheese (small)
How to Make Mommy's Classic Lasagne
- Brown ground beef, sausage, and in a large pot and drain. Set aside.
- In pot add tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. (I would use a lid or it will get messy)
- Preheat oven to 350 and start cooking noodles in a separate pot according to directions on the box.
- While sauce is simmering and noodles are boiling, add cottage cheese, and egg (already beaten) to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- When sauce looks a darker shade of red and smells amazing you know its time to add the beef/sausage mixture to it.
- starting with a thin layer of meat/tomato mixture layer in this order: Meat sauce, noodles, cottage cheese mixture, mozarella. Repeat once more until you get to the top layer (when the pan is full) and top layer should be mozarella and sprinkle parmesan on top. Bake 60 min.