Momma Linda's Enchiladas
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Loved these! They pack a medium punch of heat that was just right for my taste. I plan to serve these up at our next game night! The Test Kitchen
- 2 lb
- ground beef
- 2 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- 1 large
- can ranch beans
- 1 large
- 4 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 large
- can wolf brand chili with beans
- green onions
- 6" mission flour tortillas
How to Make Momma Linda's Enchiladas
- 1Brown the ground beef with the taco seasoning. Drain the fat and set it aside.
- 2Wrap the tortillas in foil (loosely) and place in a 150* oven ONLY to warm, NOT to bake!
- 3In a saucepan, place the chili and bring to a slow simmer...do not boil the chili! Set it aside.
- 4In a separate saucepan, place the beans and heat just boiling stage. Using a hand mixer, beat the beans until they become a "paste" texture. (Lay a kitchen towel over your hand to keep the beans from splattering and burning you). Set aside.
- 5Wash and chop the green onions and the white onion and set aside in separate bowls. (Dont mix them together)
- 6Place the cheese in a bowl so it can be coming to room temp.
- 7Now your ready to start assembling the enchiladas. In a plate, lay 1 tortilla...(keeping the rest warm)top it with a spoonful of beef mixture, then a spoonful of bean paste, a pinch of white onion and a pinch of cheese. Roll the tortilla and place seam side down in a large deep baking dish. You'll get the feel of how much mix to put in each one once youve made a few. (Reserve some cheese and green onions, you will use those later) Keep stuffing until all the tortillas are used and placed in your baking pan. Pour the hot chili all over the tops making sure to cover every inch...any uncovered tortillas will burn and turn hard so cover everything! Once the chili is spread out, top that with remaining cheese and then green onion! Now bake that at 350* for 35-40 minutes. Keep an eye on it to make sure your cheese doesnt burn. This is mainly to reheat everything and soften the onions. Awesome if served with tortilla chips, salsa and spanish rice! Sour cream is optional! Serves 20 slightly hungry people or 10 very hungry people!