When I was little there was a recipe out called "Mock Apple Pie". It was made with ritz crackers and it was really good, surprisingly. So, when I got this recipe about 20 years ago, I thought I'd give it a try. And, like with the mock pie, I was pleasantly surprised and my boys and husband enjoyed it, too. The golden mushroom soup is the ingredient that makes this work. This is really good. Hey, I never thought about this but perhaps I should serve this mock steak and have mock apple pie for dessert. Hmmmm......
- 2 lb
- lean hamburger (hs to be lean this time)
- 1 tsp
- 2 c
- finely crushed saltine crackers
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 2 can(s)
- campbell's golden mushroom soup
- fresh mushrooms, sauteed (optional)
How to Make MOCK STEAK
- 1In bowl, mix all ingredients except soup. Chill for 1 hour or overnight. Form flat patties about 3 inches in diameter or a little oblong. Put patties in 9x13 baking dish and cover with soup. Bake in pre-heated oven 350 for 50 minutes until bubbly.
- 2Add fresh mushrooms if you desire into the soup before pouring on meat.
Show 4 Comments & Reviews