★★★★★ 1 vote5
- pound chuck roast or english roast
- lipton dry onion soup mix packet
- medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 c
- pepper to taste
How to Make Mmm Mmm Good Pot Roast
- 1Rinse and place roast in dutch oven.
Pour water over roast.
Sprinkle Lipton dry Onion Soup mix, bell pepper, and black pepper (pepper to taste) over roast.
- 2For the first time you cook this pot roast--- Place lid on dutch oven and bake in 285 degree oven for 2 hrs. 15 minutes. Test it to see if it is to your tenderness. If not, cook up to 3 hours long. At that point, it will be falling apart tender and juicy.
In the middle of the cooking process, turn your roast over so all sides of your roast has been cooked the same.
After your first time of cooking a 3 lb Pot Roast to your desired tenderness, 1 hr and 10 minutes before your roast is through cooking, turn your meat over and add vegetables-- such as baby carrots, cabbage wedges, new potatoes. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper to your taste.)