4 lbchuck roast
1 pkgranch dressing mix
1yellow onion, cut into rings
1 pkgau jus gravy mix
4 Tbsppepperoncini pepper rings
2 Tbspjalepeno pepper rings
1 tspblack pepper
1 tspseasoning salt
How to Make Mississippi Roast
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place onion rings in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place roast in slow cooker over onions. Sprinkle black pepper and seasoned salt on roast.
- Sprinkle top of roast with ranch dressing mix and au jus gravy mix.
- Place both types of peppers on top of roast. Do not leave these out. They will disintergrate into the gravy. If you do not add too many jalepenos, the peppers will not even add noticeable heat.
- Place stick of butter on top of all of this. The butter is what makes the gravy so tasty.
- Set the slow cooker on low for 8 hours. Your roast will be tender and delicious and will make its own gravy. Serve with mashed potatoes.