Miss Pat's Spaghetti
My mom is now bed bound due to an extreme case of Rheumatoid Arthritis that has totally crippled her hands and caused the loss of one foot. Up until a year ago she cooked for herself, my dad and any company that happened to drop in. Her Arthritis was just a fact of life.
I have continued to make this like she did and it is a great pot-luck, crowd pleaser and my hubby and son love it,leftovers do not last long in our house. So with much love here is moms recipe.
1 lbground beef
1 mediumgreen pepper
1 can(s)tomato juice (large can)
2 Tbspchili powder (more can be added if desired)
2 Tbspgarlic powder (more can be added if desired)
·salt (to taste)
How to Make Miss Pat's Spaghetti
- Chop onion and green pepper, heat a small amount of oil in a skillet and add chopped onion and green pepper, saute until onion turns clear. Add Garlic powder and stir thoroughly.
- Add Ground Beef (you can substitute ground turkey if you desire. Stir until completely mixed with onions, peppers and garlic powder. Cook until meat is browned.
- Drain off any grease, add to meat mixture, chili powder and ketchup mixing thoroughly. Add one half of the tomato juice, turn heat down and let simmer. Stirring often.
- In Dutch oven or similar pan cook box of spaghetti according to directions. Drain put back in pan.
- Take meat mixture and mix with spaghetti, add remaining tomato juice, stir to mix.
- Bring mixture to a light boil, remove pan from heat and cover with lid. Let set for a couple of hours, mixture will absorb the extra juice. (Note- spaghetti will not be soupy more juice can be added if desired when reheating) The longer this sets the better it actually tastes.
- To reheat, set oven to 250 for long slow reheat or 300 for a little quicker reheat time. Put spaghetti mixture into baking dish, cover with foil and pop in oven for 15-30 minutes.
You can also reheat in microwave on individual plates or in casserole dish.
- Chop or grate your favorite cheese on it for extra flavor.