Mimi's Flat Enchiladas
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 can(s)
- enchilada sauce, i usually use old el paso
- 1 can(s)
- chili, i usually use wolf brand with no beans
- 1/4 c
- oil in bottom of a small skillet
- corn tortillas, straight from package
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- grated cheddar cheese
How to Make Mimi's Flat Enchiladas
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Being sure to use a heat-resistant plate, take a corn tortilla and dip into oil to soften and warm. Then dip into enchiliad sauce. Place on plate. Put on chili, onions and cheese. Place another tortilla in oil and dip in enchilada sauce. Repeat layering until you have as many enchiladas as 1 person will eat, ending with the tortilla coated with sauce. Then put more cheese on top and put into oven to heat and melt cheese while you are making other plates.
- 2When you have finished making enchiladas serve a plate to each person with sour cream, picante sauce, guacamole, extra cheese, onions, tomatoes and black olives or jalapeno peppers as desired.
- 3Also good with refried beans and Mexican rice on the side.