Mimi's Bacon and Cheddar Hamburgers
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 1/4 lb
- ground beef
- 1 pkg
- real bacon bits or make your own if you would like
- 1 c
- grated 4 state cheddar cheese by sargento's
- 3 large
- cloves of garlic using a press
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh ground black peppercorns
- freshly made 5 star hamburger buns from jap website
- lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, mustard or miracle whip and ketchup. we also added sliced american cheese. sliced jalapenos would be good, too.
TOPPINGS FOR THE BURGERS
How to Make Mimi's Bacon and Cheddar Hamburgers
- 1Put hamburger meat into a large bowl. Add all ingredients except buns. Lately I have started using a big spoon to mix my meat mixtures. It is less packed that way. Make sure ingredients are well distributed in the meat.
- 2Using the mixing spoon put some of the meat mixture into a 1-cup size measuring cup. Lightly press meat into cup and then dump it out on a sheet of wax paper (less to clean up!). Press meat into a patty about 1/2-inch thick. Preheat grill if doing these outside.
- 3Take patties out and place on grill. Watch carefully to keep from blazing up. I came inside to check on the french fries and went back outside to a blaze! 4 of the patties had to be fed to the dog. I didn't have to turn the patties over, but usually I turn them several times while cooking. Cook until done to your preference. We usually like medium but these were well done and were still very moist.
- 4Take the patties to the serving area and add your favorite toppings, using the fresh buns, YUMMMM! Even though the patties were less than perfectly cooked,they had a great taste and were surprisingly moist and tender. We also added sliced cheese on top but that probably wasn't necessary. I will be making these again, the right way! LOL