By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3/4 lbround steak, sliced thin
1 cbread crumbs
1/4 colive oil
2hot chile peppers, dried
1/2 smalllemon peel, thinly sliced
16 oztomato sauce
6garlic cloves, minced
How to Make Milanese
- Dip steak in egg which has been beaten with water.
- Dredge meat in crumbs.
- Pour olive oil into large skillet to 1/8 inch and heat until very hot.
- Brown steak quickly in oil turning once, until golden, adding more oil if needed.
- Remove from skillet and drain on paper towel.
- Wipe out skillet and pour about 1/16 inch oil.
- Heat to very hot.
- Chop garlic with salt and add with chile peppers, lemon peel and rosemary to hot oil; saute briefly then add tomato sauce and meat.
- Gently cover meat with sauce and simmer over low heat for at least 30 minutes.