I made this with Stehouwers Beef Sizzlers (you can get them at Wal-Mart). I accidentally mistook them for minutes steaks in the freezer. They turn out to be very thin rib-eye over a cube steak type patty. Now you can just get the top round and pound/tenderize it to perfection. Or you can even get breaded beef patties and skip the breading step.
Use what you've got as it is all pretty much the same anyway.
1 lbstehouwer's beef sizzler patties, or top round steak
1-2 call-purpose flour or fine milled almond flour (for low carb)
1 cmarinara sauce
6 slicevery thin ham (like packaged lunchmeat thin)
6-12 slicemozzarella cheese
How to Make Milanesa Napolitana
- If you are using top round, cut it into 4-6 sections and pound it out as thin as you can.
- Whisk the egg with water. Use the beaten egg to dip the meat into, then dredge in flour.
- Shallow fry in a large skillet in oil (about half inch deep) until browned on both sides. Almond flour needs a gentle touch so don't poke at it too much and have the crust falling off.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Place the browned patties on a baking sheet, cover with a ham slice, then marinara, then cheese. I like using 2 pieces of cheese.
- Bake until hot and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes give or take.
- Serve with spaghetti or zucchini zoodles.