So when I developed this recipe I named it Michigan nacho's after the dish that inspired me to make it.
The dish was served pizza style and was so good, I just couldn't live with out it, So I turned it into a cassarole,using all the ingredients I knew for sure, some I had to guess at,the end result was just what I was looking for, when I take my first bite I am back home in michigan in that busy resturant having one of my most favorite dinners Michigan Nacho's is a family favorite and gets requested very often.
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 small
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- 1 medium
- bag of tortelli chips
- 1 large
- chopped green onion white and green
- 1 medium
- green bell pepper,diced
- 1 1/2- 2 c
- shredded mozzerilla cheese
How to Make Michigan Nacho
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
brown ground beef add onion 1/2 way thru browning
- 2drain your beef if needed. return to heat
- 3add taco seasoning mix,and follow the directions on the package. If you like you can blend your own spices to make your taco seasoning, this helps control salt,and the heat of your seasoning. If you make your own spice blend add them now with a 1/2 cup water,continue to cook on a high simmer. Cook until all liquid is gone.
- 4remove from heat and set a side
- 5in a large cassarole dish line the bottom with your nacho chips.
- 6spread your beef mixture evenly on top of the chips.
- 7spread your diced tomato,green onion and green peper on top of the beef.
- 8You got it spread the cheese out on top of the vegatables
- 9place in preheated oven for 15 to 20 mins or until cheese is melted and browning lightly on the tips and around the edges,so that it looks like cheese on a pizzia.
- 10Serve with sour cream and guacamole