Mexicana Shepherd's Pie
Another one of my Special Skillet meals! Everyone LOVES this Recipe! My history backgound is Hispanic. Try it and you'll see how fantastic & easy it is!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- extra lean (atleast 93%)ground beef
- 1/2 c
- sliced green onion
- 1 c
- salsa, chunky
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix + 2/3 c. water
- 1 can(s)
- whole kernel corn
- 4 medium
- peeleed and diced potatoes
- 1/2 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 medium
- tomato sliced into thin wedges
- tortilla chips,if desired
How to Make Mexicana Shepherd's Pie
- 1Using a 2 quart sauce pan, place peeled & chopped potatoes into 3 inch pieces. Cover potatoes w/ water and boil on medium heat until potatoes are soft. Drain. Put drained potatoes back into pot. Add 6 Tablespoons of butter to pot. Mash. Add milk until creamy.Add salt to taste. set aside with lid on.
- 2In a 12-inch skillet,cook beef and 1/4 cup green onion over medium-high heat5-7 min.,stirring occasionally,cooking beef thoroughly,until no longer pink. Drain.
Sprinkle Taco packet +water over meat. Mix to combined. Stir in mild green chilies and Salsa.
- 3Spoon Corn evenly over beef mixture in skillet.Spoon mashed potatoes over corn in skillet;spread evenly. Sprinkle with cheese.Cover;cook over low heatabut 5 min.or until cheese melts. Arrange tomato wedges in spoke fasion over mashed potatoes. Garnish with 1/4 c. green onions and tortilla chips around edges of skillet. Enjoy!
About Mexicana Shepherd's Pie
You May Also Like:
Leave a Comment