Mexican Taco Casserole
I usually serve this with a guacamole salad.
2 lbground chuck
1 lbyellow rice (family pack)
1 smallonion, chopped
2 pkgtaco seasoning
2 can(s)rotel tomatoes
1 can(s)pinto beans, drained
1 can(s)whole kernel corn, drained
16 ozcheddar cheese, shredded
16 ozsour cream, optional
How to Make Mexican Taco Casserole
- Cook yellow rice as directed.
- Brown crumbled ground chuck, drain and return to pan.
- Add onions to meat and saute until softened.
- Add taco seasoning to meat, stirring to coat.
- Add rotel tomatoes, pinto beans, and corn to meat mixture, heating until it starts to boil.
- Layer into casserole dish in the following order:
Small amount of meat mixture to prevent sticking
1/2 of the cooked rice
1/2 of the meat mixture
1/2 of the cheddar cheese, shredded
remaining cooked rice
remaining meat mixture
remaining cheddar cheese, shredded
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese melts.
- Top each portion with sour cream if desired.