Mexican-Style Chili Beef1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lblean beef round steak, trimmed, cubed
1onion, thinly sliced
2 ccrushed tomatoes, undrained
1fresh hot jalapeno pepper, or canned, diced
1garlic clove, minced
1 tspcumin seeds or 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 tspground oregano
How to Make Mexican-Style Chili Beef
- Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray.
- Brown the beef cubes over moderate heat.
- Turn to brown evenly.
- Drain and discard any melted fat.
- Stir in vinegar and onion.
- Cook and stir just until onion begins to brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Lower heat to simmering.
- Cover and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours until meat is very tender.
- Uncover and simmer until sauce is thick.
- Skim fat, if any.
- If desired, serve with rice.