Mexican-Style Chili Beef1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- lean beef round steak, trimmed, cubed
- 1 Tbsp
- onion, thinly sliced
- 2 c
- crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 c
- fresh hot jalapeno pepper, or canned, diced
- garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp
- cumin seeds or 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp
- ground oregano
How to Make Mexican-Style Chili Beef
- 1Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray.
- 2Brown the beef cubes over moderate heat.
- 3Turn to brown evenly.
- 4Drain and discard any melted fat.
- 5Stir in vinegar and onion.
- 6Cook and stir just until onion begins to brown.
- 7Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 8Lower heat to simmering.
- 9Cover and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours until meat is very tender.
- 10Uncover and simmer until sauce is thick.
- 11Skim fat, if any.
- 12If desired, serve with rice.