Mexican Stuffed Shells
- large pasta stuffing shells, cooked and drained
- 1 lb
- ground chuck, cooked
- 4 oz
- 1(4oz) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 c
- monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 can(s)
- 2.8oz french fried onions (durkee is best)
- 15 oz
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 12 oz
- medium picante sauce
How to Make Mexican Stuffed Shells
- 1Brown ground chuck; drain. Add chilies, 1 cup cheese, 1/2 can french fried onions.
- 2Combine picante sauce and tomato sauce. Add 1/2 cup tomato mixture to the ground chuck mixture; mix well.
- 3Pour 1/2 cup sauce on bottom of 10" round baking dish. Stuff shells with ground chuck mixture. Arrange shells in dish.
- 4Pour remaining sauce over shells. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and onions; bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer.
- 5MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
Prepare as above directions. Cook, covered, on HIGH 8 minutes; turn halfway through cooking time. Top with remaining cheese and onions. Cook, uncovered, on HIGH 1 minute