Mexican Stuffed Peppers
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- bell peppers, large (any color)
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- red onion, large, diced
- carrot, large, shredded
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 can(s)
- tomatoes (28 oz.) (with chilies, optional)
- 1 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- long grain rice, uncooked
- jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
How to Make Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- 1Prep first: Dice/shred/mince vegetables. Cut tops off of bell peppers; set aside. Remove seeds.
Cook whole peppers in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until crisp-tender. (You don't want them mushy!) Carefully remove with tongs and place upside down on a towel to drain.
While peppers are cooking, remove stems from tops and dice the remaining pepper tops.
- 2In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat. When no longer pink, add the taco seasoning and cook and stir until slightly thickened. (If in doubt, follow pkg. directions.)
When thickened, add onion, carrot, garlic, pepper tops, and jalapeno; saute until tender.
When tender, add tomatoes, rice, and brown sugar. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Give it a quick stir, and stuff into peppers!