2burrito-sized flour tortillas
2 Tbspvegetable oil, for frying
1/2 cprepared taco meat
1/2 crefried beans
2 Tbsptaco sauce or salsa
1/2 cdiced tomatoes
1/2 cshredded cheese
How to Make Mexican Pizza
- In large skillet, heat oil until screaming hot. Fry off tortillas until crispy (takes maybe a minute per side) and remove to paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- Combine taco meat & refried beans and heat in small pan or in the microwave. If you don’t like refried beans, just use a little more taco meat.
- Start your pizza with a tortilla, placed on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Spread the taco meat & bean mixture evenly over the tortilla. Sprinkle with about a tablespoon of the cheese, to keep the tortillas together. Top with second tortilla. Sprinkle the tomatoes over the second tortilla evenly. Spoon over the taco sauce or salsa, whichever you prefer (or both!!) and finish with remaining cheese.
- Bake under the broiler (or in a very hot oven) until cheese is completely melted & edges of tortillas are brown.
- Cut into quarters: a wedge is a good sized portion...two of them will have you loosening your belt!!