Mexican Nacho Pizza
Fresh out of the oven and it is now in the hands of my hubby while watching the super bowl..he is one happy football spectator!!
- 1 lb
- ground round hamburger or more if desired
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- 1 can(s)
- black beans (drained)
- 1 small
- can of sliced dark olives
- onion, chopped (small to medium)
- green pepper, chopped (medium)
- grape tomatoes, cut in half (if on the larger size cut smaller)
- 1 lb
- muenster cheese...shredded
- tortilla chips....corn
How to Make Mexican Nacho Pizza
- 3Chop onion, green pepper and tomatoes. Drain most of the liquid from the black beans and also the black olives. Take your one pound block of muenster cheese and shred with shredder (I have never found it shredded in a a bag...this is a soft cheese, so I spray my shredder with Pam oil while shredding the cheese, it keeps it from sticking to the metal..you will have to do this several times while shredding). IF you can't find muenster cheese feel free to use monterey jack...it is delicious that way too. I sometimes combine the two cheeses..muenster with the monterey jack.
- 5Bake in the oven on a rack that is placed in the middle of the oven...bake for 30 minutes until cheese melts and starts browning. Watch the chips that are around the edge of the pan as they have a tendency to burn easily..if so place foil over the sides of the pan to cover those that start to brown to quickly and continue baking for the 30 minutes.
- 6Cut with a pizza cutter or knife..I also make this in a 12-14 inch pizza pan. Serve with sour cream, salsa and slices of avocado or your favorite gaucamole.
Note: As for veggies, use to your taste on how much you want on the pizza...you will know just how much once you make this for yourself. Enjoy!!