Mexican Manicotti My Way
OHHHH MY GOODNESS!! This dish is fabulous! Laura was right when she said she did good!!!
The meat and bean mixture inside the pasta was perfect, and the creamy cheese and sour cream was the ideal touch on top. (If you don't like black olives and green onions you could easily leave that off.)
I served this with corn but as an afterthought, though Spanish rice would also be great with this. It smells great, looks great and makes a lot, too - perfect for a large get-together!
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 2 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 can(s)
- refried black beans (bush's)
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- 1 jar(s)
- 16 oz. picante sauce
- 2 c
- sour cream
- green onions, sliced
- 1 small can(s)
- sliced black olives
- 2 c
- water, warm
- 1 box
- manicotti shells
How to Make Mexican Manicotti My Way
- 1Mix raw ground beef with taco seasoning, 1 cup of cheese and 1 can refried black beans.
- 2Using the uncooked manicotti shells, stuff the meat mixture into the shells and place in a large baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 3Pour the jar of picante over the stuffed shells. Then pour in the 2 cups of warm water.
- 4Cover with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hr to 1 1/2 hrs.
- 5When shells are done and dish is bubbly top with sour cream, reserved cheese and olives.
- 6Put back in oven for 5-10 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and top with green onions.