Mexican Lasagna - So Easy!
Noel and I made baked chicken, bar-b-qued pork chops, baked beans and frozen green beans from the garden as sides for the buffet!
For desert, we had Jell-O Mell-O's.
The entire meal was a hit! There weren't any left overs.... The Missionaries come Thursday's usually... so we are having fun cooking for the Missionaries and my nephew!
This Mexican Lasagna is so easy to make... it almost makes it's self!! And it is a really nice comfort food to serve as a complete meal or as a side dish. It can be eaten as is... or garnished with the optional ingredients.
Any way you choose to serve this... it is a wonderful casserole!
We usually bring two of these to pot luck dinners. It is not an expensive meal either.
- 1 qt
- spaghetti sauce
- 1 pt
- enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp
- each: chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/3 c
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef, browned, fully cooked and crumbled
- lightly seasoned with salt and pepper
- 6 - 8 slice
- american cheese singles or melting cheese singles
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounces or more) cheddar cheeses (shredded) or any cheese of your liking
- 1 pkg
- (8 - 10) flour tortillas (can also use corn tortillas)
- 1 c
- whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 can(s)
- hormel chili with beans
- shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, taco or hot sauce
How to Make Mexican Lasagna - So Easy!
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Oil a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 2Mix sauce ingredients together.
Place a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of baking dish.
- 3Put two rounds of tortillas on top of the sauce. Tear apart another tortilla to "fill in the gaps" along ends and sides and middle.
- 4Add a thin layer of sauce to cover tortillas.
Place broken apart chesse singles on top of sauce layer.
Sprinkle half of the ground beef on top of the cheese layer.
- 5Repeat direction 3 with the tortillas.
Add a thin layer of sauce.
Add the Hormel Chili with Beans.
Add some pieces of cheese and sprinkle with whole kernel corn.
- 6Add another layer of tortillas.
Put the remaining sauce on top.
Sprinkle with remaining ground beef.
Sprinkle generously with the shredded cheese.
- 7Bake uncovered until bubbly and the cheese is melted and browned lightly. (About 25 minutes).
Remove from oven. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Cut into desired size squares. As a side dish this will serve 10. As the main dish, it will serve 6.
- 8*** You can add toppings if desired, like: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream and shredded cheese. and of course favorite taco or hot sauce.