★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 lb
- lean ground beef or turkey
- small onion, chopped
- 2 tsp
- garlic, minced (about 3-4 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp
- adobo seasoning (salt free)
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 bottle
- smooth taco sauce, medium (or 1 large bottle)
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 pkg
- small corn tortillas
- 2 can(s)
- yellow corn
- 2 can(s)
- black or pinto beans, drained
- 3 c
- shredded taco blend cheese
- 1 c
- crushed tortilla chips
- cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- sour cream, for garnish (optional)
- salsa, for garnish (optional)
How to Make Mexican Lasagna
- 1Brown ground beef over medium high heat along with onions, garlic, and spices.
- 2Drain beef and return to same pan over low heat. Add about 1 cup of taco sauce and let simmer for about 10 minutes, then set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, drain both cans of corn and both cans of beans together then transfer to large bowl. Set aside.
- 4Begin assembling the lasagna. Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 5Brush 6 small tortillas with taco sauce on both sides. Place in the bottom of casserole dish. They should overlap around the edges.
- 6Spoon half of ground beef mixture over tortillas.
- 7Brush another 6 small tortillas with taco sauce on both sides and place over ground beef in casserole dish.
- 8Spread half of the corn and bean mixture over the tortillas. Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese.
- 9Repeat steps 5-8 adding another layer of tortillas, then ground beef, then tortillas, then beans/corn/cheese.
- 10End with a layer of tortillas. Pour taco sauce evenly over the top to prevent burning.
- 11Bake in 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes. Check after 30 minutes. If tortillas become dry, brush with taco sauce.
- 12During last 10 minutes of baking, remove dish and sprinkle top with crushed tortilla chips and remaining shredded cheese.
- 13Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with a spoonful of salsa, a dollop of sour cream and garnish with cilatnro (optional).