★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 lblean ground beef or turkey
1small onion, chopped
2 tspgarlic, minced (about 3-4 cloves)
1 Tbspadobo seasoning (salt free)
1/2 tspcayenne pepper
·salt & pepper, to taste
2 bottlesmooth taco sauce, medium (or 1 large bottle)
·non-stick cooking spray
2 pkgsmall corn tortillas
2 can(s)yellow corn
2 can(s)black or pinto beans, drained
3 cshredded taco blend cheese
1 ccrushed tortilla chips
·cilantro, for garnish (optional)
·sour cream, for garnish (optional)
·salsa, for garnish (optional)
How to Make Mexican Lasagna
- Brown ground beef over medium high heat along with onions, garlic, and spices.
- Drain beef and return to same pan over low heat. Add about 1 cup of taco sauce and let simmer for about 10 minutes, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, drain both cans of corn and both cans of beans together then transfer to large bowl. Set aside.
- Begin assembling the lasagna. Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush 6 small tortillas with taco sauce on both sides. Place in the bottom of casserole dish. They should overlap around the edges.
- Spoon half of ground beef mixture over tortillas.
- Brush another 6 small tortillas with taco sauce on both sides and place over ground beef in casserole dish.
- Spread half of the corn and bean mixture over the tortillas. Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese.
- Repeat steps 5-8 adding another layer of tortillas, then ground beef, then tortillas, then beans/corn/cheese.
- End with a layer of tortillas. Pour taco sauce evenly over the top to prevent burning.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes. Check after 30 minutes. If tortillas become dry, brush with taco sauce.
- During last 10 minutes of baking, remove dish and sprinkle top with crushed tortilla chips and remaining shredded cheese.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with a spoonful of salsa, a dollop of sour cream and garnish with cilatnro (optional).