Mexican Flank Steak1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
2 lbflank steak
5/8 tspgarlic salt
1 can(s)tamales in sauce, 15 ounces
1 tspinstant beef bouillon granules
1/4 chot water
8 oztomato sauce
1 dash(es)hot pepper sauce
2 Tbspcold water
·monterey jack cheese, shredded
How to Make Mexican Flank Steak
- Pound meat on both sides with meat mallet; sprinkle with salt, garlic salt and pepper.
- Unwrap tamales; place tamales and sauce in bowl.
- Break up tamales slightly with fork; spread over steaks.
- Roll up each steak jelly roll style, starting with short side; tie or skewer securely.
- Place in crockery cooker; dissolve bouillon in the hot water; combine with tomato sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover; cook on low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Lift out meat rolls; remove strings or skewers.
- Pour cooking liquid into saucepan; skim off excess fat.
- Blend the cold water into cornstarch; stir into liquid.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Spoon over meat, sprinkle cheese atop each roll.