Mexican Fiesta Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lblean ground beef
·salt and pepper to taste
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1 csour cream
2/3 cmayonnaise or salad dressing
2 Tbsponion, finely chopped
2 cbiscuit mix
2-3ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
3/4 cgreen bell pepper chopped
How to Make Mexican Fiesta Casserole
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook and stir the meat in a large skillet until brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Season the meat with the salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Mix the cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and onion and set this mixture aside.
- Stir the baking mix and water together until a soft dough forms.
- With floured fingers, pat the dough in a greased baking pan, 13 X 9 X 2-inches, pressing the dough 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan.
- Layer the meat, tomato slices and green pepper onto the dough.
- Spoon the sour cream mixture over the top and sprinkle with the paprika, if used.
- Bake uncovered until the edges of the dough are light brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes and then cut into squares.