Mexican Fiesta Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 2/3 c
- mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 Tbsp
- onion, finely chopped
- 2 c
- biscuit mix
- 1/2 c
- ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3/4 c
- green bell pepper chopped
- paprika, optional
How to Make Mexican Fiesta Casserole
- 1Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cook and stir the meat in a large skillet until brown.
- 3Drain off the excess fat.
- 4Season the meat with the salt and pepper, then set aside.
- 5Mix the cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and onion and set this mixture aside.
- 6Stir the baking mix and water together until a soft dough forms.
- 7With floured fingers, pat the dough in a greased baking pan, 13 X 9 X 2-inches, pressing the dough 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan.
- 8Layer the meat, tomato slices and green pepper onto the dough.
- 9Spoon the sour cream mixture over the top and sprinkle with the paprika, if used.
- 10Bake uncovered until the edges of the dough are light brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 11Cool 5 minutes and then cut into squares.