MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
"Cornbread base topped with beef, zesty tomatoes, corn, and cheese for a flavorful baked entree.
Corn is a central ingredient in Mexican cooking, so cornbread gives this casserole a Mexican flair. The added touch of sweetness in cornbread makes this casserole a real kid-pleaser."
Recipe from: RO*TEL
Recipe and picture from: Recipes.com
·nonstick cooking spray
1 pkgcorn muffin mix
1/4 cegg beaters® original - or - 1 - fresh egg
1/3 creduced fat (2%) milk
3/4 cfrozen whole kernel corn, divided
1/2 lbground chuck beef (80% lean)
1 - 10 oz. can(s)ro*tel® original diced tomatoes & green chilies, drained
1 - 8 oz. can(s)ro*tel® - original tomato & green chili sauce
1/2 tspground cumin
1 cshredded reduced fat mexican cheese blend
How to Make MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Spray 8x8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Stir together cornbread mix, Egg Beaters (or 1-egg), milk, and half of corn in bowl.
Pour into prepared dish.
- Meanwhile, cook beef in medium skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain.
- Stir in drained tomatoes, tomato sauce, remaining corn, and cumin.
Pour mixture over top of cornbread batter.
Top with cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cornbread is done.
- Nutrition information:
Per serving: Calories 276,
Total Fat 13 g,
Saturated Fat 6 g,
Sodium 886 mg,
Carbohydrate 38 g,
Fiber 2 g,
Protein 16 g,
Calcium 368 mg,
Sugar 11 g,
Iron 2 mg.
Daily Values: Vitamin C 2%.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.