How to Make Mexican Casserole
- 1Grease a 9x13 baking dish with butter; layer the bottom with 3 burrito size tortillas. They'll overlap each other, and go up the sides.
- 2Spread the refried beans evenly on top of the tortillas. Sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese on top of them.
- 3Mix together the taco meat (I like to season mine with Taco Bell seasoning + 3 tbs. Louisiana Hot Sauce), and cooked Spanish rice. Then layer the mixture on top of the beans and cheese.
- 4Cover the top generously with cheese, and then place the last two burrito size tortillas on top. Making sure the edges fold down inside the dish.
- 5Bake at 325 for about 20-25 minutes, or until the tortillas are a little toasted. Let it cool for about 10 minutes before cutting.