1 lbground beef (or turkey works too)
1 pkgtaco seasoning
1 Tbspminced garlic
2 can(s)pinto beans, drained
1 can(s)diced tomatoes and green chilies (like ro-tel), drained
1 pkgof your favorite cornbread mix (i like to use jiffy, requires egg and milk)
1 pkgtaco seasoned shredded cheese
How to Make Mexican Casserole
- Preheat oven to temperature specified on cornbread package (usually around 400 degrees or so).
- Brown and crumble ground beef. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning and 1/3 cup water. Add garlic. Cook until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in an 9x13 casserole dish, mix pinto beans and tomatoes together.
- Add ground beef to casserole dish. Stir.
- Add cheese to top of mixture.
- Prepare cornbread as directed on its package. Pour cornbread mix over casserole and bake as specified on cornbread package (usually at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes).