- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- one envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water.
- one can refried beans, 16 ounces.
- 1/2 cup salsa.
- six flour tortillas, 6 inches.
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 8 ounces.
- shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives and sour cream, optional.
How to Make Mexican casserole
- 1In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for five minutes.
- 2Meanwhile into microwave safe bowl, combine beans and salsa. Cover and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes or until spreadable.
- 3Place three tortillas in a greased round 2 1/2 quart baking dish. Layer with half of the beef, bean mixture, corn and cheese; repeat layers.
- 4Bake, uncovered at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for five minutes. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, olives and sour cream if desired. Serves six.