1 lbground beef
1 can(s)corn, drained
2 pkgtaco seasoning
1 pkgcream cheese, room temperature
1red pepper, chopped
1 boxcornbread mix
1bag of shredded cheese
·sour cream (optional)
How to Make Mexican Bake
- Brown the beef and add in 1 package of the taco seasonings as directed on the package.
- While the beef is cooking, lightly fry up the red peppers in some of the salsa.
- Preheat the oven to 350*
- When the beef is completely cooked with the seasoning, add in the can of corn and the cream cheese. Mix until the cream cheese has melted.
- In a deep baking dish, lay down the ground beef mixture and then the red peppers ontop of that.
- Scramble the egg yolks with some of the seasoning from the 2nd package of taco seasoning. And in a seperate bowl mix up half of the cornbread mix with the remainder of the taco seasoning. (Do not make the cornbread by the box directions. Keep it dry!)
- Pour the egg yolks over the red peppers and then layer on half the bag of shredded cheese.
- Then top the whole dish with the dry cornbread/taco mix. Cut the stick of butter into pads and place around the top of the cornbread.
- Set in the oven until the top of the cornbread looks cooked. Then sprinkle the remainder of shredded cheese onto the top and let melt.
- Take it out of the oven, cut and serve!
- **Side note**
*If you like more spice, throw some of the salsa ontop of the groundbeef, or serve it on the side with sour cream.
*You can also use the whole box of cornbread mix if you want it to be sweeter.