- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef, lean
- 10 oz
- can rotel tomatoes & green chilis, original
- 12-16 oz
- shredded cheese - cheddar or colby jack
- 2 1/4 c
- baking mix, such as bisquik
- 2/3 c
How to Make Mexi-burger Bake
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Using the baking mix and milk, mix biscuit dough, kneed in enough flour to handle easily, roll on flour-covered surface and spread into the bottom of a standard 9x11 baking dish.
- 2Brown ground beef, and rinse if needed. I prefer a 93% lean, but you can use less lean and drain the excess fat after it's brown.
- 3Mix in the whole can of Rotel tomatoes and chilies, and about half the cheese. I prefer the larger bag for more. Make sure you have enough cheese set aside to cover the top.
- 4Spread this over the dough evenly, and top with the rest of the cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes, or till biscuit dough is done. Cut into squares and serve. Makes about twelve squares, and feeds six.