My memere had to really stretch a dollar as far as she could to feed 3 boys and 2 girls, my pepere, and great-grandmother on one pay check from the mill. Everytime we eat them, we think of her and how much we love and miss her.
2 lbground beef
4 largegreen peppers
4 largeorange, yellow, or red peppers
1/2 pkgshredded carrots
28 ozcan of tomato sauce
·ground chili pepper(to taste)
·salt and pepper (to taste)
15submarine sandwich rolls
How to Make Memere's Dynamites
- brown ground beef in large skillet with salt and pepper.
- Cut peppers and onions into thin slices. Dice garlic.
- Drain ground beef of fats and juices.
- place all ingredients into a crock-pot. Cover, and cook on low for 3-5 hours, or until all vegetables are soft.
- Spoon dynamites into sandwich roll, and add chili pepper if desired.