Medallions Of Beef Forestiere1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- beef tenderloins, each about 1/4 pound
- salt, optional
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp
- finely chopped garlic
- 6 oz
- mushrooms, thinly sliced, oyster, shitake, or morel
- 1/2 c
- dry red wine
- 1 c
- veal or beef broth
- 1/4 c
- madeira wine or vermouth
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, room temperature
How to Make Medallions Of Beef Forestiere
- 1Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon butter in saucepan and add shallots and garlic.
- 3Cook briefly, stirring and add sliced mushrooms.
- 4Cook, stirring about 3 minutes.
- 5Add 1/2 the dry red wine and stir.
- 6Cook until reduced almost by half.
- 7Add beef or veal broth.
- 8Bring to boil and add the remaining dry red wine and the Madeira wine.
- 9Cook until reduced by half.
- 10There should be about 1 1/4 cups.
- 11Heat remaining 1 tablespoon butter in heavy skillet and add beef.
- 12Cook the meat on one side about 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- 13Turn and cook other side 2-3 minutes.
- 14Transfer meat to warm platter.
- 15Add mushroom sauce to skillet and stir to dissolve the brown particles that may cling to edge of skillet.
- 16Swirl 4 tablespoons butter into sauce.
- 17Serve on top of tenderloins.