Medallions Of Beef Forestiere1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6beef tenderloins, each about 1/4 pound
·freshly ground black pepper
1shallot, finely chopped
1 tspfinely chopped garlic
6 ozmushrooms, thinly sliced, oyster, shitake, or morel
1/2 cdry red wine
1 cveal or beef broth
1/4 cmadeira wine or vermouth
4 Tbspbutter, room temperature
How to Make Medallions Of Beef Forestiere
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in saucepan and add shallots and garlic.
- Cook briefly, stirring and add sliced mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring about 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 the dry red wine and stir.
- Cook until reduced almost by half.
- Add beef or veal broth.
- Bring to boil and add the remaining dry red wine and the Madeira wine.
- Cook until reduced by half.
- There should be about 1 1/4 cups.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon butter in heavy skillet and add beef.
- Cook the meat on one side about 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Turn and cook other side 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer meat to warm platter.
- Add mushroom sauce to skillet and stir to dissolve the brown particles that may cling to edge of skillet.
- Swirl 4 tablespoons butter into sauce.
- Serve on top of tenderloins.