Meaty Spinach Crepes
- 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 medium
- mess of spinach, cooked and well drained. (modern 1 pkg. frozen)
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 8 oz
- tomato sauce
- 3/4 c
- extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- crepes (recipe follows)
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- 2 large
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Meaty Spinach Crepes
- 1Make the Crepes first while they are chilling you can cook the filling.
- 2Crepes: combine flour, 1/4 tsp. salt, milk, and eggs beat well with a mixer (food processor) blend 10 seconds. Scrape down sides. Add melted butter blend 10 seconds. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3Meanwhile brown meat with onion and garlic in frying pan until crumbly. Drain off fat.
- 4Mix in spinach, salt, and nutmeg. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- 5Prepare crepes as follows. Cook in a 7" well oiled iron. (cast iron skillet) Makes 12 crepes.
- 6Place 3 Tablespoons of filling in each crepe. Roll and arrange in a 9'x 13" baking dish.
Pour tomato sauce over filled crepes and sprinkle with cheese.
- 7Bake 20 minutes at 350^ serve immediately.
- 8* I used Feta cheese in the meat mixture too..I was Awesome.